Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Typical

"Shocking " is the term I'm seeing a lot today regarding the Cardinals collapse in last night's game. "Unbelievable". "Inconceivable". "Incredible". "Unthinkable".

All words that describe the monumental string of brain farts that resulted in a Cardinals loss after leading the game by 20 points at halftime, even leading by the same margin late in the third quarter. I won't bore you with any more details, as I'm sure you've read about it by now.

But anyone who's followed the Cardinals (as I have) since they darkened the doorstep of Arizona wouldn't pick any one of those words to describe their reaction to the outcome. No, the word we'd choose is "typical".

This is the exact outcome Cardinals fans have come to expect. If you're not heartbroken, you're not a Cardinals fan. Quite honestly, nothing would surprise us at this point.

And today, the Cardinals fired the offensive coordinator. If that isn't a typical management move, I don't know what is. Let's ignore the real problem (the offensive line) and make some sort of ceremonial firing to appease the fans. That should do the trick.

Man, I'm fucking bitter today. I need a drink.

On a happy note, they did cover the spread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home